Organised by 7th Dronfield Scout Group
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Dronfield 10k event you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. Minimum age for entry is 15 years old on race day.
2. This is a challenging event. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the required fitness to complete the race
3. You enter this race entirely at your own risk. The organisers will not be liable for any injury to you or your belongings, no matter how it was caused.
4. Please listen to and respond to the advice given by race officials and marshals. They are there to ensure that you and the general public are safe.
5. The organisers follow UKA standards and strongly advise that you DO NOT wear in ear headphones or use audio devices during the race for your own safety, as the event is run on public roads. However, we endorse bone conduction headphones as these provide a safe solution allowing participants to hear their surroundings as well as their music. If you do choose to run with headphones on you do so entirely at your own risk as it will significantly reduce your ability to listen to safety instructions.
6. There will be event medical cover in place at the race. If you require any assistance, please notify a marshal/official and they will make contact with the medics. Please ensure that you note any medical conditions on the back of your running number.
7. Water will be available during the race as well as at the finish. Please ensure that you start the race in a good state of hydration.
8. All participants must clearly display the race number allocated to them on the front of their vest/t-shirt throughout the event.
9. By entering the race you give your permission for any photographs/video recordings to be used on the event website and in other promotional material.
10. Runners must not be accompanied by anyone on a bicycle.
11. All dogs are banned from the 10k event. Anyone wishing to run with a guide dog must contact the organisers in advance of race day.
12. All prams/pushchairs and buggies are banned from the 10k event.
13. If the course closure vehicle passes the participant this signifies the end of any official cover or support by the race organisers. The participant is advised to leave the course at this point.
14. Participants must keep to the defined course at all times.
15. All decisions and rulings by the organisers shall be the final in respect of the safety, running and organisation of the event, the rules of the event and finish times and positions. The participant accepts that circumstances concerning the event may change from time to time for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the organiser and these may lead to the cancellation or change of the event, venue(s), route(s) or other such changes. The participant agrees to abide by such change(s) and acknowledges that any decision is entirely at the absolute discretion of the organiser.
1. In the event of adverse weather or any other prevailing circumstances that means the race has to be cancelled, details will be recorded on the website and on the Facebook page. We will email you to let you know of any modification or changes as early as possible. Please dress appropriately for the weather on race day.
2. No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or if you are no longer able to take part. Please understand that your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, including for timing systems, sanitation, traffic management, administration etc.
3. Please do not be tempted to run with someone else’s number, you will not be covered by UK Athletics Insurance.
4. The Dronfield 10k reserves the right to change the event for safety reasons without prior notice however we will do everything possible to ensure the advertised event takes place. In such circumstances competitors will not be eligible for refunds or other financial recompense. In the unfortunate situation where we have to cancel the event we will inform you as early as possible.
1. Results will be posted on the event website within five days of completion.
2. Anyone who is proven to have cheated in the race or breached UK athletics rules will be disqualified from the race at the discretion of the race director and referee.
3. We will not sell your details to any third parties.